Indexes of HSK 2 Simplified Chinese characters
This page includes 5 different indexes character links for HSK level 2 characters. Each character is linked to a dictionary page that lists its meaning, pronunciation, radical and cangjie input code. The dictionary page also includes HSK words that contain the character.
There are 5 indexes in total, three are shape based while the other two are phonetic. Rather than just using these indexes for looking up characters, the indexes can also be used to see characters in different contexts.
- The first index groups characters according to their first element. That's the S1 index.
- Another groups characters based on their final element. That's the S3 index.
- The c1s index groups characters according to their cangjie input code which in turn is a shape based input system.
These shape based indexes allow you to see characters adjacent to other characters with the same initial or the same final element.
- Of the phonetic based indexes, the tone index characters with the same tone. From there characters are further sorted by their pronunciation. So if you have trouble remembering the tone of a particular character, you can use another character as a reference (one that you can easily remember the tone for.)
- The phone index is the typical "alphabetic" grouping where characters that have the same pronunciation are grouped together.
Ideally, these different indexes not only make it easier to find a particular character. They also make it easier to learn them.
To make the indexes, and the dictionary pages a more useful tool, this website is designed so that it's relatively easy to move back and forwards between dictionary pages and index pages. Using the links in the dictionary pages, you can link back to that characters position in any of the indexes. Thus you can easily see a character in the context of other related characters.
Likewise with word definitions. Each word definition on a particular dictionary page allows you to link to the same word listed under another of the characters that it contains.